Scholarship/Programs Coordinator (Volunteer)
Reports to: Division of College Recruitment and Scholarships
Position Status: Volunteer (unpaid)
Time Commitment: As needed, when available
About HBCU Campaign Fund
Founded in 2012, HBCU Campaign Fund (HCF) is a non-profit advocacy advocacy educational organization that is mission to support the significance and raises funds to provide scholarships, initiative programming, and for private and public HBCUs and MSIs. HCF today remains as a strong advocate for students and higher education.
Position Overview & Basic Function:
Under the direction of the Division of College Recruitment and Scholarships, coordinates HCF’s scholarship program. Provides direction and support to the scholarship committee. Works closely with the Division of College Recruitment and Scholarships director and staff to cultivate donor relationships, renew scholarship gifts and to initiate contacts and communications to secure potential scholarship gifts. Awards and provides scholarship gifts to appropriate recipients.
- Provide guidance and support to the scholarship committee. Works closely with committee to recruit committee members, coordinate their efforts and plan monthly committee meetings to advance the committee functions.
- Implements, coordinates, directs and maintain scholarship program, including preparation of new scholarship agreements, maintenance and monitoring existing scholarship agreements and maintaining regular contact with donors and students.
- Acts as liaison between the organization and the public to provide information and resources regarding scholarship activities and program through HCF.
- Maintain ongoing relationships by initiating and responding to individuals donors, corporations and businesses, HCF board of directors, staff, community organizations and private foundation when renewing or securing new scholarship gifts.
- Prepares scholarship application process for students and coordinates scholarship application and scoring.
- Supports the scholarship committee in planning and conducting the annual scholarship reception, if applicable.
- Assists other staff in office computer operations and database input, responds to questions/problems on system and software procedures and coordinates design and maintenance of the scholarship web presence on HCF website.
- Assists in the coordination of other special events that may be planned by and through the organization.
- Associate degree
- Demonstrate knowledge of foundation and development office procedures, programs, (contributions, scholarships, etc.);
- Computer proficiency: word-processing, spreadsheet, PowerPoint, and date base management;
- Excellent organizational and office skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work remotely, independently, while maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, stakeholders, and the general public;
- Enthusiasm for the mission of HCF, students, HBCUs, MSIs, and higher education.
- Gain experience working with an HBCU advocacy non-profit organization
- Stipend or salary allowance may be given, when available
Applicants must apply online. Click the button below to complete the application. Please include a cover letter of interest and resume.