Executive Vice President and Chief Development Officer (Volunteer)
Reports to: Office of the President and CEO, Founder
Position Status: Volunteer (unpaid)
Time Commitment: As needed, when available
About HBCU Campaign Fund
Founded in 2012, HBCU Campaign Fund (HCF) is a non-profit advocacy educational organization that is mission to support the significance and raises funds to provide scholarships, initiative programming, and for private and public HBCUs and MSIs. HCF today remains as a strong advocate for students and higher education.
Position Overview & Basic Function:
The Executive Vice President and Chief Development Officer is responsible for creation of a shared
vision that includes strategic direction, development, organization, promotion, implementation, expansion
and assessment of all philanthropic avenues to increase revenue, financial support and organizational
awareness. Manage all aspects of the Corporations marketing and fundraising plans, including HCF
corporate partners, corporate engagement, work-place giving, major gifts, annual giving, corporate and
foundation relations, grants, planned giving, affinity groups and development services. The Executive
Vice President and Chief Development Officer shares responsibility and works as a partner with the CEO
in stewarding key philanthropic relationships. The Executive Vice President and Chief Development
Officer works in close collaboration with the executive team, members of the Development and Finance
team to achieve the fundraising goals of the organization.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, sustainable fundraising business plan with the principal
goal of generating new revenue.
- Lead and support the organization including all facets of individual, foundation and corporate
support, planned giving, and other fundraising activities that ties to HCF organizational vision and
- Develops and sustains relationships across the organization to ensure the department is aligned
with the overall strategic plan.
- Collaborate with the Communications and Marketing team to develop effective donor
- Collaborate with relevant area foundations and community groups to encourage and support large
- Anticipate changes in the fundraising environment to take advantage of opportunities and mitigate
the impact of unfavorable trends.
- Meets or exceeds all quarterly and annual revenue objectives are met.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred in related field and/or a minimum of five years of
related experience with a heavy emphasis on Major Gifts and Planned Giving and Capital
- ACFRE or CFRE preferred;
- Five years of direct executive level experience managing a development department fostering
effective working relationships across different functional areas;
- Work experience in fundraising environments and a comprehensive knowledge of the science of
fundraising. Experience working with volunteers and knowledge of HCF operations;
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail and follow
- Achievement oriented; shows initiative and enthusiasm while demonstrating uncompromising
responsibility, courage and self-confidence, even in the face of difficulties;
- Goals and results driven must have excellent relationship, communication skill both oral and
written. Proven track record of raising significant dollars;
- Enthusiasm for the mission of HCF, students, HBCUs, MSIs, and higher education.
- Gain experience working with an HBCU advocacy non-profit organization
- Stipend or salary allowance may be given, when available
Applicants must apply online. Click the button below to complete the application. Please include a cover letter of interest and resume.