Events and Marketing Coordinator (Volunteer)
Reports to: Division of Communications and Marketing
Position Status: Volunteer (unpaid)
Time Commitment: As needed, when available
About HBCU Campaign Fund
Founded in 2012, HBCU Campaign Fund (HCF) is a non-profit advocacy advocacy educational organization that is mission to support the significance and raises funds to provide scholarships, initiative programming, and for private and public HBCUs and MSIs. HCF today remains as a strong advocate for students and higher education.
Position Overview & Basic Function:
Plan, produce, and oversee execution of marketing and communications plan activities including media, promotions, website, and collateral materials. Develop materials to deliver the organization’s messages to the public and the media. Oversee and assist with organization and coordination of conferences, meetings, seminars, and other events.
- Provide support and assistance in planning, developing, producing, and delivering marketing and communications materials
- Use independent judgement to execute a marketing plan
- Analyze marketing and communications programs and make recommendations to adjust strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness
- Coordinate arrangements for all meetings and events: Assist with negotiation for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, ensure appropriate decor
- Serve as a liaison with vendors on event-related matters
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports to Senior Vice President for each event project
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
- Associate degree essential, bachelors degree (preferred). Desired field of study: marketing, communications, public relations, event planning, or equivalent experience;
- Computer proficiency: word-processing, spreadsheet, PowerPoint, and date base management;
- Excellent organizational and office skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work remotely, independently, while maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, stakeholders, and the general public;
- Enthusiasm for the mission of HCF, students, HBCUs, MSIs, and higher education.
- Gain experience working with an HBCU advocacy non-profit organization
- Stipend or salary allowance may be given, when available
Applicants must submit cover letter of interest and resume via email to email@example.com. Please include a cover letter of interest and resume.