The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and American Airlines are proud to offer urgent financial assistance in the form of need-based scholarships to college seniors graduating in May of 2020 at one of the publicly-supported Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Predominately Black Institutions (PBIs) within TMCF’s 47 member-school network. Applicants should be in good academic standing and at risk of not graduating due to an outstanding financial need. Three students will be selected to receive a scholarship up to $2,250 for 2019-2020 academic school year (which can only be applied to verifiable costs associated with average tuition and usual fees).
- Be enrolled full-time as a senior at a TMCF member-school during the 2019-2020 academic school year.
- Confirmed graduating senior in May 2020.
- Current cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Able to demonstrate leadership abilities.
- Able to demonstrate a financial need.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident or passport stamped I-551.
How to Apply
All Applicants Must:
- Provide a copy of the 2019-2020 FAFSA Student Aid Report.
- Provide the transcript (official or unofficial) for your most recently completed academic term-this should include your end of Fall 2019 grades and cumulative GPA
- Please upload a current resume (highlighting community service and leadership abilities)
- Answer the following question(s) (Maximum of 500 words per question):
- Tell us about your current financial situation. Why it is critical that you receive this funding?
- What is your intended career path after graduation?
- How are you preparing to accomplish your career goals and what impact do your hope to achieve?
This application opens February 24, 2020, and closes April 5, 2020 (11:59 PM EST)