Tuskegee Airman Scholarship Foundation Scholarship Information
Deadline: January 26, 2016
Each year the Tuskegee Airman Scholarship Foundation (TASF) grants scholarship awards to young men and women. The number of scholarships awarded is directly related to income received from Foundation investments. Forty (40) awards of thousand five hundred dollars ($1,500) are typically available each year. These $1,500 scholarships are provided on a one-time, first year basis only.
Applicants must be a student from accredited high schools who have graduated or will graduate in the spring of the academic cycle. Additionally, those who apply must have a grade point average (GPA) of at least three point zero (3.0) on a 4.0 scale.
Application forms and instructions may be obtained from high school guidance counselors, the Tuskegee Airmen, Inc. website (www.tuskegeeairmen.org), or a Tuskegee Airmen, Inc. local Chapter. Completed applications must be returned to the Tuskegee Airmen, Inc. Chapter nearest the applicant on or before the stated deadline in the application form. Applications that do not meet technical requirements may be eliminated from further consideration.
In addition to the completed application form, the following attachments are required:
- An official copy of the student’s high school transcript, senior year schedule.
- A wallet-size picture of the student – on the back of the picture, put your name, last 4 digits of SSN, e-mail, telephone number.
- A copy of parent(s) latest IRS form from 1040 that shows the adjusted gross income line (generally line 37) or other official document (W-2/W-4 not accepted); the SSN should be “blacked out” from security purposes.
- Three letters of recommendation (from counselors, instructors, community leaders, etc).
- “The Tuskegee Airmen” Essay including how their experience impacts you. (Typed, double spaced, not to exceed two (2) pages.)
- A personal Essay (Typed, double spaced, not to exceed two (2) pages).
- List of extracurricular and community activities (including Junior ROTC, Civil Air Patrol, BSA, GSA, or Explorer Scouts).
Please note, all attachments to the application must not exceed 8.5x 11″ in size.
You may obtain the Tuskegee Airman Scholarship Foundation scholarship application here.